CHINESE LANGUAGE EDUCATION AND CHINESE LITERATURE CAMP 2018
The organization of this program is based on the attention and concern of university student towards the following matters: - The university students who have interest in chinese poetry recitation is reducing from year to year.Lack of poetry recitation skills among the university students in Peninsular Malaysia.Form image and name of Chinese Language Society and UPSI among the students and community of Tanjong Malim and Peninsular Malaysia.
Overview of Issue / Background
The organization of this program is based on the attention and concern of university student towards the following matters: -
- The university students who have interest in chinese poetry recitation is reducing from year to year.
- Lack of poetry recitation skills among the university students in Peninsular Malaysia.
- Form image and name of Chinese Language Society and UPSI among the students and community of Tanjong Malim and Peninsular Malaysia.
Project Objectives (Vision & Mission)
- To give opportunity to all the members of UPSI Chinese Language with Education Program , Chinese Language Society and all university students in peninsular Malaysiato increase their proficiency of poetry recitation.
- To improve the poetry recitation skills among the members of UPSI Chinese Language with Education Program , Chinese Language Society and all of the university students in Peninsular Malaysia.
- To increase the awareness about the importance and advantages of poetry recitation among the members of UPSI Chinese Language with Education Program , Chinese Language Society and all of the university students in Peninsular Malaysia.
- Expose and give experience to members of society to communicate, organize and manage a program.
Project Details (Activities and Tasks)
Schedule of activities:
4.00 pm - 5.00 pm
Registration of participants
5.00 pm- 5.15 pm
Arrival of VIP and honorable guests
5.15 pm - 5.20 pm
Play of the song Negaraku
5.20 pm - 5.45 pm
Speech by VIP/ opening ceremony VIP
5.45 pm - 5.55 pm
Souvenir Giving Ceremony to VIP
5.55 pm - 7.00 pm
7.00 pm - 7.45 pm
7.45 pm - 8.30 pm
8.30 pm - 10.00 pm
10.00 pm - 10.30 pm
Return to hostel
7.00 am - 8.00 am
8.00 am - 8.45 am
8.45 am - 9.00 am
9.00 am - 11.00 am
11.00 am - 12.30 pm
12.30 pm - 2.00 pm
Lunch and break
2.00 pm - 2.30 pm
2.30 pm - 4.30 pm
4.30 pm - 6.30 pm
6.30 pm - 7.00 pm
7.00 pm - 9.30 pm
TanjungMalim Got Talent
9.30 pm - 10.30 pm
Return to hostel
7.00 am - 8.00 am
8.00 am - 8.45 am
8.45 am - 11.00 am
11.00 am - 1.00 pm
Lunch and break
1.00 pm - 3.00 pm
3.00 pm - 4.00 pm
4.00 pm - 4.30 pm
4.30 pm - 5.00 pm
End of the program
Expected Project Result & Outcomes
- After this program, participants will obtain a lot of useful knowledge in chinese poetry recitation field
- The soft skills being learned during poetry recitation camp will be useful in their future life.
0% of RM1.00 Goal
|University name||:||Sultan Idris Education University (UPSI)|
|Project leader name||:||Soo Zu Sheng|
|Project implementation date||:||2018-12-01|
|Location of project held||:||Auditorium Utama of Sultan Idris Education University(UPSI)|
|Beneficiary||:||Malaysia University Students, Educators and Secondary School Students|
|Number of beneficiaries||:||160|
- In a nutshell, the camp provided opportunity to the participants to increase their proficiency of Chinese language and improve the cultural and literature knowledge. After the camp, most of the participants had shown interest to Chinese language education and Chinese literature by involving themselves into their school or university’s related activities and competitions.
- Except Khind Starfish Foundation sponsored to our project, LLG Cultural Development Centre also contributed RM 2000.00 to our projects. Furthermore, the faculty language and communication of Sultan Idris Education University (UPSI) contributed RM 500.00 to our project. Our committee also contributed their efforts to the fund-raising activity among the citizens, families, friends and public.
- In the beginning of the preparations, we faced obstacles such as finding suitable and available venue, looking for available speakers and promoting our project to the public. The budget that we have are just enough to pay for the speakers. Fortunately, we have other sponsorship and fund-raising from the public as our financial support for the other expenses. Basically, we have no language or cultural barriers during the camp because most of the participants can communicate in Chinese language and they have basic Chinese understanding or speaking skills. Throughout the camp, we got responses from the participants that the speakers are really active and they think that the event flow goes well. The talks and activities were related to the project’s theme. About 150 to 160 Malaysia University Students, Educators and Secondary School Students are benefited from the project. As we know, people who’re interested in the Chinese literature has been reduced year by year. The main purpose of the project is to increase people’s interest towards this activity. Most of the students who joined the project were future workers in the Chinese language field. Therefore, the long-term impact and sustainability of this project will definitely be the influences from the group of participants to the future generation. Some of the participants were current school educators who’re
accompanying their students to attend this camp. After the project, they can bring what they’ve learnt during the camp and relationship between student and teacher will become better, we hope that we could continue this project every year to make some efforts to raise interest among the students and public not only about Chinese language education and Chinese literature, but it can also widen to the other fields such as Chinese debate or Chinese cultural activities.
- The impact from our project can obviously contribute to happiness in long-term. It is because that by learning Chinese language, it is not only a language that you must study and take the examination but also to train your aesthetic principles to appreciate the beauty of Chinese words and their sense of rhythm. Beside that, Chinese literature also can increase the knowledge of participants and bring up aesthetic principle among them. Life is beautiful, we all have a day and a night, a month and a year. But everyone has different view towards these, we can be miserable or we can be happy. Aesthetic principle is what make our life different. If we could have a positive aesthetic principle towards life, we could express our feelings to others in a better way.
“There is no hate for no reason and no love for no reason in this world.”
― Mao Tse-tung
I guess this quotation express how my feeling was, there is no person will hate a thing without a reason. I believe that the students who decide to give up taking Chinese language in secondary school must have a reason so we organize this camp to overcome this problem. After the project, I learned how to organize a program and bring benefit to others by sharing some good activities to community.
(Soo Zu Sheng)